Thread: Resizing a Form

Unanswered: Resizing a Form

My form is currently set to a width of 16.7917". It will not let me decrease it within the form's properties. Can someone tell me why this might be happening? Is there a form property I'm unaware of that needs to be adjusted before I can make the change to the width?

Thanks.

Do you have any controls on the form that would keep the form from getting smaller? Perhaps a line that runs the entire width of the form.

Steve

Provided Answers: 19
    The man from the land of blue skies and black heels has the right idea! This is always the result of a Control abutting the far right edge of the Form. As he's also suggested, it is frequently something as simply as a line, which may be difficult to see, especially if it happens to lie directly on top of one of the Grid Lines in Design View.

The easiest way I can think of to identify the culprit would be, in Form Design View, to Click in each Section actually used in the Form (Header, Detail, Footer) in turn, and then use the shortcut <Ctrl> + <A> to 'Select All' objects and see what's located near the right hand edge of the Form.

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Provided Answers: 59
    I find to spot errant controls
    open the report in design mode
    scroll to the fright border
    then select any controls , click to the lower right and drag to slightly to the left to the top of the design pane.. that will show you which controls are in the border zone
    and yes its almost certainly one or more lines
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Thank you! It worked! As you both suggested, I had a line blocking me from re-sizing. Thanks again!

Provided Answers: 19
    Glad we could help!

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007