Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2

    Unanswered: Pervasive v10 --> SQL 2008 R2 Linked Server = (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 7303)

    Hi All,

    I am trying to setup a linked server in SQL 2008 R2 (32-bit) to pull data from Pervasive Workgourp v10.30. I had this working on my old XP (32-bit) system, but I can't seem to make it work on my new Windows 7 (64-bit) system.

    Below is an example of the code I would use to connect to DEMODATA:

    Code:
    USE master 
    GO 
    sp_addlinkedserver 'PSQL', '', 'MSDASQL', 'DEMODATA';

    But when I try to query any data, or simply right-click > Test Connection, I get the following error.

    TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
    ------------------------------

    The test connection to the linked server failed.

    ------------------------------
    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

    An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

    ------------------------------

    Cannot initialize the data source object of OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "PSQL".
    OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "PSQL" returned message "[Pervasive][ODBC Client Interface][Client LNA]Connection attempt timed out. The SQL Connection Manager may be inactive or using a different transport protocol from the client.". (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 7303)

    For help, click: Source: MSSQLServer ID: 7303 (SQL Server 10.50.1600) - Events And Errors Message Center: Message Details

    ------------------------------
    BUTTONS:

    OK
    ------------------------------


    Any ideas on what I might try to resolve this? Thanks!


    Other random details:

    • Ran a Pervasive System Analyzer test for relational and transactional engines and it passed without error.
    • Pervasive v10.30 Workgroup (32-bit) is installed locally (not a service).
    • I can query the datatabase name in Pervasive Control Center > Execute SQL Command without error.
    • I opened Excel 2007 and was able to pull data from the DEMODATA data source directly into Excel without error.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2
    Looks like I found the solution. In XP, I only had to setup an ODBC DSN using the Engine Interface. For some reason in Windows 7 (64-bit) I had to setup a Client Interface ODBC DSN pointing to an Engine Interface, then use the Client Interface for the SQL Linked Server.

    A bit bizarre, but it works...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •