Unanswered: give some commands right to a user

Hi All
    Please I need your help. I am configuring a user and I want to give him a limited right for only : shutdown, tar cvf, compress, execute a particular script etc. What should I proceed?

Provided Answers: 1
    What operating system?

give some commands right to a user

Hi Thanks
    I was out of office for long time. Thanks to good
    Please be informed that the OS is AIX. So how to allow only right to shutdown, cp, rcp, tar tvf, compress to a particular user.
    Best Regds

Set the user up with a restricted shell.

A restricted shell prevents the user from using the cd command, or any command that has a / in it.
    see:
    pSeries and AIX Information Center

Typically you set the user's path to $HOME/bin only, and then create links in that directory to the commands that the user is allowed to use.
    Last edited by kitaman; 09-12-12 at 08:05.

Hi Thanks Kitaman
    I just enter in the user configuration in my aix server and i don't know how to "create links in that directory to the commands that the user is allowed to use." the path already exist but how to create a links is my problem?
    Also please how to setup a password for this user so that while connecting to informix database with dbaccess the system ask for a password before issuing sql commands?
    Thanks a lot

As root, change directories to the user's $HOME/bin and create soft links to the required programs as:
    Code:
    ln -s /usr/bin/tar tar
    ln -s /bin/vi vi
    These are examples only, you will have to substitute the correct location for the originals (may be /bin, or /usr/bin, or /usr/sbin), I don't have access to an AIX machine to give you the exact location.

I can't help you with the informix stuff.