Thread: Dbi1918n

Provided Answers: 17

Unanswered: Dbi1918n

Using DB2 AESE v10.1 on Windows.

Getting error:
    DBI1918N An error occurred when accessing the Windows registry

when performing (with a Domain Admin account = instance-owner-account, on the instance-owning partition) the command below:

db2start add dbpartitionnum 2 hostname xxxx
    user domainname\myaccount
    password mypassword
    like dbpartitionnum 1

I'm using the 'db2start add dbpartitionnum' method because the existing partitioned environment (2 physical nodes) has a single database, and I'm trying to add the third partition. Not sure if I'm doing the right thing.

The domain-admin account ( = instance owner account) is able to read/write the remote registry on the new physical-partition from the instance-owning partition, , according to regedit 'connect remote registry'.
    All partitions are running the remote registry service.

The db2diag.log of the instance-owning node where db2start runs has the following entries:

Online Add node is enabled: <isForced=0 isSingleNodeUp=0 offlineAddnodeDone=0>

MESSAGE : ZRC=0x870F009A=-2029059942=SQLO_CFG_DBI_ERROR "DBI errors" DATA #1 : unsigned integer, 4 bytes: 4294965378 (error)
    DBI1918N An error occurred when accessing the Windows registry.

Can't see which part of the registry has an ACL that's causing the problem.

Provided Answers: 11
    if "Not sure if I'm doing the right thing." --> do not execute any commands

try to read some doc before executing anything and doing it wrong
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified