you are probably getting an error on the execute, or connect statements. use Profiler to see exactly what commands are sent to the database, or if this is vb.net, you can use try-catch blocks to captre the errors. If this is plain old VB, you would need to check dbConn.Errors.Count to see if you have errors, and cycle through dbConn.Errors.Items to spit out the error messages.
Thanks for the fast reply! I've tested my stored procedure and i know it works properly therefore Im deducing that it is must be somewhere within the vb code. I put in a try catch to try and identify any errors but none are appearing.
Do you have access to Profiler, to see what the program is actually sending to the database server?
On a side note (I am not a .NET developer, so this may be a dumb question). I am not sure you can add a parameter with a value in that way. If I recall, there is a method called AddWithValue for the parameters collection. Also, I am not sure if the OleDbType datatypes could be feeding into this. I am suprised that VB.NET is allowing you to pass the Text values without first having to cast them to Integer and Currency types.
All of that may work, but seeing what the database server is receiving by looking in Profiler would prove it out.
the last segment of code that I pasted did it. I wasnt realizing that my database was updating, if i remember correctly the issue was with the updates to my textboxes. Which is why I didnt realize the database was updating