Unanswered: Sort Records on Form

I have a form where the records on it needed to be sorted by number I guess, don't know. What I mean is that I need to sort them by assigning them a number that's exclusive to that record and then have the form sort ascending by that criteria. So if I say choose this girl to be a 1 and her name is Mary and this girl whose name is Lisa a 2 then the form would show Mary first then Lisa. I should have the ability as well to change that sort order.Unsure of how to proceed.
    Thanks,

Provided Answers: 59
    From your description I'm not sure how to proceed either

but what you coudl do is define a column, called say SortSeq
    make it numeric
    assign a value to the column as required, then sort on it.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Fir it to sort properly there could be no duplicates since this would distort the results. I am still lost. I need to give each girl a number, Aha! I think I got it listening to myself but if I correctly give them a number remembering what the number was but change my mind and now need to sort in a different order I am way lost..

Provided Answers: 59
    why do duplicates matter?
    if duplicates are an issue then you are creating a problem for yourself, especially if you want to sort these on the fly, which was what I thought was your problem. no matter

define a column in the relevant table, make it numeric integer (probably long integer)
    define an index on that column that is unique

assign a value to each row for that column, i[d suggest that you leave a gap between the numbers, use say intervals of 10 or more) so that you can rejig the sort sequence as required

display the rows using the specified sort seqnuence

...and then Robert is your mothers brother
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton