Unanswered: Change Date Format

Hi,

Can you someone please help?

I want to change a date format from American format (mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss AM) to English format (dd/mm/yyyy) but i am struggling to put a query together that will change it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Gaz

Provided Answers: 14
    Whatever the settings of Windows can be, Access always works with dates in the mm/dd/yyyy (US) format, in SQL as well as in VBA. You can change the way a date/time data will be output (for display, export, print, etc...) by using the Format function:
    Code:
    Format([DateValue], "dd/mm/yyyy")
    Where DateValue is the name of a column (field) in a table or a query.
    Have a nice day!

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried that method but it only changed so many and the rest were in a mm/dd/yyyy format.

I tried the follow query....

IIf(IsNull(CDate(Mid([CALL1DATE],4,3) & Left([CALL1DATE],3) & Mid([CALL1DATE],7,4))),#01/01/1900#,CDate(Mid([CALL1DATE],4,3) & Left([CALL1DATE],3) & Mid([CALL1DATE],7,4)))

but i am getting 'Invalid use of Null'

I can't see where i have gone wrong.

Provided Answers: 14
    The Left and Mid functions will raise an error if [CALL1DATE] occurs to be Null. Try using Nz([CALL1DATE]) and adapt your expression accordingly.
    Have a nice day!

Provided Answers: 59
    IIf(IsNull(CDate(Mid([CALL1DATE],4,3) & Left([CALL1DATE],3) & Mid([CALL1DATE],7,4))),#01/01/1900#,CDate(Mid([CALL1DATE],4,3) & Left([CALL1DATE],3) & Mid([CALL1DATE],7,4)))
    wont work as #01/01/1900# should be in quotes
    "#01/01/1900#"

why you are messing around with formatting on this is beyond me

I'd try something like
    iif(NOT isdate(Call1Date),"#01/01/1900#",Call1Date)
    you have two separate issues here
    Access/JET stores dates as a number of ticks since 31/12/1899, although its default display format is US mm/dd/yyyy or ISO yyyy/mm/dd

the trick isw to make certain that call1date is a date value.. use a date picker or make certain the underlying dataype is datetime

whenever I see a column called something like Call1Date it sends shivers down by normalised spine similar to running fingers down a blackboard.. are you absolutely certain your mode is normalised?
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton