Unanswered: Performing DML From View

Hi

I have a table on which a view is created. I need to perform Insert, Select, Update & Delete from the View. On the Table, I should not be able to do any those operations (Insert, Select, Update & Delete). Basically Revoke (Insert, Select, Update & Delete ) Permission from Table and from the view of based on that table i should be able to perform Insert, Select, Update & Delete operations.

Best Regards

Your post is confusing (at least to me).

Do you want to prohibit accessing/updating the table by table name but somehow allow this via the view?

Why?

Yeah, I am simulating RLS similar to Oracle VPD and from session variable i am able to create a view to use the session variable for data isolation. In Oracle VPD, The policies are applied to Tables so any one who logs in will only see his data. In MySQL if the user queries the Table instead on View he willl see all the records which i am trying to avoid.
    Last edited by edwin_fredrick; 08-10-12 at 03:31.

Then you need to give them access to the view and not the table. That is done with GRANT syntax and can specify right down to the column level.