Unanswered: ODBC connection problem to DB2

Hello,

I'm having a problem in my application when I'm tring to connect to an DB2 ODBC driver using ODBC, I've imported the 4 files below:

#include <windows.h>
    #include <sql.h>
    #include <sqlext.h>
    #include <sqltypes.h>

First I used SQLConnect to connect to the ODBC driver which fine, however I discovered that I need to enable UNICODE in my app so I have set the UNICODE flag in the preprocessor definitions which calls SQLConnectW, my problem is that SQLConnectW fails to connect and returns -1.

I have no idea what's wrong and why SQLConnect works and SQLConnectW doesn't...

I'm running on windows.

Your help is highly appreciated.

DBL

Which release of db2 and fixpack is being used?

What other diagnostic info (other then the -1) is presented?

Hi,

I first installed DB2 client on my Windows box, then I opened the ODBC Data Source Administrator and created a new user DSN using the IBM DB2 ODBC DRIVER version 9.07.01.462.

Then I Called the connection function:

char *dsnName = "DB2DNS";
    char* userID = "DB2USER";
    char* passwd = "DB2PASS";

retcode = SQLConnect(hdlConn, (SQLCWHAR*)dsnName,SQL_NTS,(SQLWCHAR*)userID,SQL_N TS, (SQLWCHAR*)passwd, SQL_NTS);

retcode RETURNS -1, hdlConn was allocated sucessfully, any idea was am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Provided Answers: 18
    From odbcad32, can you successfully connect to the db2 database with those credentials?

If you can connect successfully there, you might have made a programming error.
    If that is the case, please follow the sample code provided by IBM .
    The file(s) containing the sample code live on the DB2 server in the directory SQLLIB / samples/ cli.
    The samples are also available on-line at
    CLI samples - IBM DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows

[QUOTE=DB-layer;6564140]then I opened the ODBC Data Source Administrator and created a new user DSN using the IBM DB2 ODBC DRIVER version 9.07.01.462.[QUOTE]

DB-layer, I don't know much about DB2, but for us a DSN created with the windows data source administrator does not connect. The only way we could connect is by creating the DSN with DB2 Connect configuration assistant. I feel the windows application *should* work, and maybe there is a way to do it, but were not successful with it.

Greg

Provided Answers: 18
    Always create your DB2 data sources with DB2 tools only (e.g either via scripted command-line commands, or via a GUI like db2ca or equivalent).