Unanswered: How long takes to do Resume Full Text Index Population

Hi

I have a table having 220 lakshs of records and one of the coulmn is Full Text enabled.We have used ContainsTable() to search for data, but we are unable to get results as expected. so we done rebuild.During Index Rebuild, population is failed.I have found this error in error log and it is saying to do resume population.So I want to know howlong it takes to complete Resume population process.

Please look at the below more details about FT Index table.

Row count - 22155112

Index space - 1,903.250 MB (1.9 GB)

Data space - 87,552.258 MB (87 GB)

sqlserver2008 R2

and the below query we have used

HTML Code:
    SELECT Distinct top 50 cal.case_id,cal.cas_details 
    From g_case_action_log cal (READUNCOMMITTED)
    inner join containstable(es.g_case_action_log, cas_details,
     ' ("235355" OR "<br>235355" OR "235355<br> ") ') as key_tbl on cal.log_id = key_tbl.[key]
    Where cal.product_id = 38810 ORDER By cal.case_id DESCthis query is not going to search in recent inserted/updated rows. this is the actual issue we are facing.

Can any one suggest me how to fix this error and if population need to be resume, then can you please let me know for how long takes to do resume population.

Regards

krishna

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kkprasad

Can any one suggest me how to fix this error and if population need to be resume, then can you please let me know for how long takes to do resume population.
    Make sure you have a backup.

Suggest you completely rebuild the indexes. Did the eariler failure result due to running out of space? If so, increase the space.

I don't know how to tell you how long it will take - too many variables. I suspect the time to correct does not matter if the results are incorrect. . .