Unanswered: If Value = Rule Then ... Load Type from FK?

Okay so I am trying to design a simple database, though I plan on using this as a learning exp to make a huge one.

I want to design a Package Tracking Application with these tables:

Table; Property, Property....

Client; CompanyID (PK), ClientName, PackageID (FK)

Package; PackageID (PK), CompanyID (FK), LocationID (FK)

Transaction; TransID (PK), PackageID (FK), LocationID (FK), TransTimeStamp

Location; LocationID (PK), PackageID (FK)

-- Child Entity of Location
    --- JobStage; JobStageID (PK)

I am wondering how to implement this in such a way that certain locations are associated with a certain Job Stage (Not Started, Processing, Complete). I would like to link it so that the stage is transparent to the user. Just by selecting a Location, it will be associated with the corresponding JobStage.

Here is a simple map of my Relationship as I have it.

can you explain rationale behind above design? I see lot of redundancy here. for example why should Client and Package both have other tables ID as FK?

I say Tables out of habit.

I am really learning the Entity Database Modeling structure, and the above Design is more built on Entities rather than actual Tables.

Sorry for the confusion, as I am a but confused myself.

to answer your question more directly;

Client has the FK of Package so that I can generate a list of packages I have for a given client...

Packages has the FK of Client so that I can see who the package belongs to

Location has PackageID as FK so I can list the Packages I have stored in that location as a collection.

Transaction has PackageID and LocationID as FKs so that I can log which package was transferred to Which Location at what time.

i think a more sensible design would be like

Client; CompanyID (PK), ClientName,other info....

Package; PackageID (PK),CompanyID(FK), other package details..

Transaction; TransID (PK), PackageID (FK), LocationID (FK),JobStage, TransTimeStamp

Location; LocationID (PK), other location details...

TransactionHistory: TransHistID (PK),TranID(FK),JobStage,StageTimeStamp
    to track history of trsnaction (if required)

JobStage: jobStageID(PK),StageDesc

I do not disagree, but I am still wondering how I would most logically have the DB know simply by a LocationID what the JobStage was... I know I could program this to be done with some Select Case... but I feel like there is a way to do it with the relationships of the database.

I am willing to spend the extra time to learn this, as this is a learning project... but if I am totally wrong as the Select Case is the most logical way (even if this were large scale) then I would like to know that too..

its not by locationid that you know on jobstage. its by means of transactionid