Post Unanswered: How technology to create database??

Hello!

I would like write program to create Facture Vat. J was creating database and I don't how technology applied.... General, I programming in C# and by means of this language I would like comunicate with data base. My data base ( technology ) will be portable ( no problem run on the other computer ). W was thinking in Acces, choose good?

I greet!

Access is okay, but maybe SQLite would be better

i greet in return
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

Thanks for replay!

I choosed Acces 2007, I wll apply SQLite in future.

I greet and I am sorry for my english level!

Provided Answers: 59
    I guess if you are intending developing in C# the fact that Access is only found on Windows PC's is irrelevant.
    there are other file based data storage mechanisms such as SQLLite. AFAIK all windows computers come with some form of JET storage mechanism so there should be no instalattion issues which there may be with SQL Lite.

Strictly speaking if you are developing in C# then the database is JET, Access is the software that generates forms & reports.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Quote Originally Posted by healdem View Post
    I guess if you are intending developing in C# the fact that Access is only found on Windows PC's is irrelevant.
    there are other file based data storage mechanisms such as SQLLite. AFAIK all windows computers come with some form of JET storage mechanism so there should be no instalattion issues which there may be with SQL Lite.

Strictly speaking if you are developing in C# then the database is JET, Access is the software that generates forms & reports.
    Hello

Thanks for realize