Class Diagram help

I am currently doing a computer science degree and i am really stuck. Im wondering if anyone can help me, it will be greatly appreciated. Basically i have to do a class diagram here is the question:

a. Create a UML class diagram for the following case study. State any assumptions that you have to make.

In a hospital environment there are employees and patients. Patients have a disease are studying for a degree. For each patient, the hospital records their patient id, and the disease they are suffering from. Each disease has a name. Patients are undertaking either an examination or an operation. ‘Operation’ patients may also be people working in the hospital and deciding to have an operation there, in which case they are also considered employees. ‘Examination’ patients undertake an examination. Each examination has an examination code and a name. Each operation has a code and a date. Employees in the hospital belong to a department. The hospital is recording their id, their department and their office number (if they have an office). Employees are doctors, administrators or nurses. Only doctors and administrators have an office. Doctors perform operations and examine patients. All nurses have to provide support to an operation.

Thanks for your time, i really need this help.

You'll have to show the work you've already done and where you are having trouble understanding what you need.

Without that starting point you are asking people to do the work for you and whether here or another forum, are unlikely to receive such help.

Quote Originally Posted by guelphdad View Post
    You'll have to show the work you've already done and where you are having trouble understanding what you need.

Without that starting point you are asking people to do the work for you and whether here or another forum, are unlikely to receive such help.

Agreed, it must have come across quite cheeky. I apologise for that. Ive created the schema but on paper and not sure how to show it here, any ideas? Its for revision for my exam its not coursework or anything. Shall i explain the tables ive created and their relationships would that be a good starting point?
    Last edited by alexs; 08-22-12 at 15:13.

Probably. It will be far better than a "blank page".

Quote Originally Posted by alexs View Post
    Shall i explain the tables ive created and their relationships would that be a good starting point?
    not sure how that would help you create a UML diagram
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

What do people suggest i do? Can someone please help me, im useless with these class diagrams so i need a correct one to learn from!

Presumably your course textbooks would have several. Failing that id do a google for uml class diagram
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Quote Originally Posted by healdem View Post
    Presumably your course textbooks would have several. Failing that id do a google for uml class diagram
    This unit didnt have a textbook. I have the general idea of how to do it and have done plenty of googling. I have done one for this question, i just need a correct diagram to compare and see if im doing it right and if not where i am going wrong so i can learn from it.
    Last edited by alexs; 08-23-12 at 09:24.

Try
    Uml class diagram example
    Seems to get at least 5 pages of results...

Of course you could post what you have done, identify what you are struggling with
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Look here:
    Image Search Results for uml diagram example
    Pick a style that you think will work for you and incorporate your info into a "straw man" for us to see.

This may (should) provide something we can use to help.