Unanswered: Force Archive Log Every Hour

I am running DB2 v9.5 and v9.7 on AIX and Windows. Is there a parameter within DB2 to force a log to be archived every hour (or another specified time)? This would be for a few low activity database(s) that have minimal updates, they may only cut 1 or 2 logs a week. Unfortunately each update is very important so in the event of an offisite recovery (online logs would be unavailable) I need to be able to recover to as current of a point in time as possible. I know I could do this through a shell script / bat file (environment dependent) but a colleague is telling me this exists in another database so I wanted to see if this was available in DB2. Thanks.

Provided Answers: 5
    There is no inherent method to do this. You will need to schedule a cron script to do it.

Andy

Check the BACKUP DATABASE syntax and run job. Cron is great - but if possible, run the scheduler from a different server - to monitor . For example , if you're using TSM , use TSM scheduler.
    ---------------------------------
    www.sqlserver-dba.com
    www.dba-db2.com

Thanks for the information. I figured I would have to schedule a job, just checking in case there was a parameter I had not heard of before.