Unanswered: Database Best Normalization

I am building a database containing course information. This is what I have so far:

Fields:

Degree Code, Degree Name, Study Unit Code, Study Unit Name, Study Unit Credits, Department, Description, Study Unit Type, Lecturers, Status, Method of Assessment, Additional Notes, Level of Study Unit.

So far I have split them up like this:

Table 1 deg_inf: Degree Code, Degree Name

Table 2: stud_inf: Study Unit Code, Study Unit Name

Table 3: stud_desc: Study Unit Code, Study Unit Credits, Department, Description, Study Unit Type, Status, Lecturers, Method of Assessment, Additional Notes, Level of Study Unit.

The thing is that in Table 3 each field is dependent on many fields and not just the study unit code, do I have to create a table for each field depending only on the Study Unit Code or can I leave it as is? (I would end up with a bunch of related tables)

Provided Answers: 59
    Seems to me there is far too much going on in table 3
    If you are struggling then id suggest you add values / rows and see if you have reoeating groups of information. If you do your design isn't normalised.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Some questions to ask when you're thinking about this normalization
    1) is it likely (if not now , but in the future) you'll need to store the data twice in different tables . That is a good candidate.
    2)Is all the data in table 3 related?
    ---------------------------------
    www.sqlserver-dba.com
    www.dba-db2.com