Unanswered: odbc & informix SE

Help!

Installed connect.3.70.TC5DE.WIN

When i'm connecting using odbc 2.90 from old computer i can see that $DBPATH variable is used (tcpdump):

sqAbQBPQAAsqlexec informix -pXXXXXX 9.22.TC6 RDS#N000000 -p -fIEEEI DBPATH=//hp2_remote://hp2_remote/opt/informix.db CLIENT_LOCALE=RU_RU.CP1251 SINGLELEVEL=no LKNOTIFY=yes LOCKDOWN=no CLNT_PAM_CAPABLE=1 DB_LOCALE=RU_RU.915

But when i'm connecting using new 3.70 DBPATH is not used, only thing is used is server name (hp2_remote):

sqAggBPQAAsqlexec informix -pXXXXX 3.70.TC5DE RDS#N000000 -dsysmaster -fIEEEI DBPATH=//hp2_remote DBMONEY=$. CLIENT_LOCALE=RU_RU.CP1251 CLNT_PAM_CAPABLE=1 DB_LOCALE=RU_RU.915 ....

I can't understand why? Maybe i need to set some options for the new driver?

Provided Answers: 1
    I think you must define a line for your SE server in the $INFORMIXDIR/etc/sqlhosts file, on the SE server machine, with the seipcpip protocol, and use the name of this server ( 1st column of this line ) as INFORMIXSERVER for your connection.

Have you done this ?

Quote Originally Posted by begooden-it View Post
    I think you must define a line for your SE server in the $INFORMIXDIR/etc/sqlhosts file, on the SE server machine, with the seipcpip protocol, and use the name of this server ( 1st column of this line ) as INFORMIXSERVER for your connection.

Have you done this ?
    I have two lines in sqlhost: one for sqlexec (seipcpip) and second for sqlexecd (sesoctcp). I'm trying to connect from remote windows machine and i'm using sqlexecd and sesoctcp protocol for this connection.
    As i can understand seipcpip would't work in such case.

I've tried without changing any parameter or variable on windows host:
    3.70 odbc - didn't send DBPATH to informix server
    3.50 odbc - didn't send DBPATH to informix server
    2.90 odbc - send DBPATH to informix server (working)

maybe it would be helpfull for somebody else or maybe someone know why it happening...

In fact, you are not obliged to use the last odbc, since Informix SE has not been touched since the 7.25/26 according to platforms, this is about 2004...

So the odbc you are using is in phase with the product, and I doubt the 3.70 ( tailored for 11.70 IDS) brings you any interesting functionality.

So I would (and after all there is no choice) keep it 'as is'

P.S/ did you try to launch the sqlexecd with the '-l logfile' option to check what is really happening?
    I know also that other options can be passed to the sqlexcd, you could also check on this side if you have time to waste .

E.

Quote Originally Posted by begooden-it View Post
    P.S/ did you try to launch the sqlexecd with the '-l logfile' option to check what is really happening?
    I know also that other options can be passed to the sqlexcd, you could also check on this side if you have time to waste .
    E.
    Network communication dump showing better than "-l logfile", it's seems like new drivers do not use DBPATH enviroment variable (in my case $DBPATH=//hp2_remote/opt/informix.db) :

odbc 2.90 dump:

sqAbQBPQAAsqlexec informix -pXXXXXX 9.22.TC6 RDS#N000000 -p -fIEEEI DBPATH=//hp2_remote://hp2_remote/opt/informix.db CLIENT_LOCALE=RU_RU.CP1251 SINGLELEVEL=no LKNOTIFY=yes LOCKDOWN=no CLNT_PAM_CAPABLE=1 DB_LOCALE=RU_RU.915

odbc 3.70 dump:

sqAggBPQAAsqlexec informix -pXXXXX 3.70.TC5DE RDS#N000000 -dsysmaster -fIEEEI DBPATH=//hp2_remote DBMONEY=$. CLIENT_LOCALE=RU_RU.CP1251 CLNT_PAM_CAPABLE=1 DB_LOCALE=RU_RU.915

Hint suggested by a good fellow in the UK ( thanks Doug :-):

on the server, set a symbolic link from the user's home directory to the directory where your database is located.

thanks! i'll try