Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    11

    Unanswered: Failed to discover the instance in the control center

    Failed to discover the instance in the control center I get an error eh not found
    1. - Reviewed the file / etc / services with the TCP and UDP port 523
    2. - Service began das "db2admin start"

    By adding a DB2 control center throws the following error.

    SQL22220N The DB2 Administration Server encountered a script error. Script error code "137"

    So far, no solution has been found to this error

    DB2 version 9.5.0.5 in Solaris 10 64 bit and the client is on Windows 7 64 bit

    I would appreciate a prompt settlement or observation.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,514
    Provided Answers: 11
    before you will get "prompt settlement or observation" you have to specify more details
    is db2 instance up and running ? new installation ?
    can you connect to db from remote client ? how did you specify the server/instance ?
    manual-discover ??
    many questions to go..
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    147
    1) Can you log onto the server with a client and confirm the instance is running and you can connect to a db?
    2) Can you ping and telnet (assuming it's enabled) the server?
    ---------------------------------
    www.sqlserver-dba.com
    www.dba-db2.com

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by przytula_guy View Post
    before you will get "prompt settlement or observation" you have to specify more details
    is db2 instance up and running ? new installation ?
    can you connect to db from remote client ? how did you specify the server/instance ?
    manual-discover ??
    many questions to go..
    Hello

    The instance is working correctly I can connect locally, on the client I can not connect to the server, the server specified in the ip and it does not lead to the instance

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by JackVamvas View Post
    1) Can you log onto the server with a client and confirm the instance is running and you can connect to a db?
    2) Can you ping and telnet (assuming it's enabled) the server?
    I can not connect from the client to try to discover the server sends me the error and I can connect via telnet

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    11
    Later I saw the db2diag.log and saw this errror

    2012-08-30-11.04.31.057904-300 I81571473A788 LEVEL: Error
    PID : 3944 TID : 2 PROC : db2dasstm
    INSTANCE: db2inst1 NODE : 000
    EDUID : 2
    FUNCTION: DB2 Tools, DB2 administration server, handleRunCmd, probe:85
    DATA #1 : signed integer, 4 bytes
    137
    CALLSTCK:
    [0] 0xFFFFFFFF7F19BC04 ossLogSysRC + 0x508
    [1] 0xFFFFFFFF7F19AFC8 ossLog + 0x58
    [2] 0x0000000100007700 __1cMhandleRunCmd6FpnRstmRequestContext__v_ + 0x9E0
    [3] 0x000000010000BEA0 db2dasStmRequestDispatchThread + 0x918
    [4] 0xFFFFFFFF7EC4A7EC db2dasThreadMain + 0x84
    [5] 0xFFFFFFFF7D6D736C _thr_slot_offset + 0x488
    [6] 0x0000000000000000 ?unknown + 0x0
    [7] 0x0000000000000000 ?unknown + 0x0
    [8] 0x0000000000000000 ?unknown + 0x0
    [9] 0x0000000000000000 ?unknown + 0x0

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,034
    Provided Answers: 18
    On the v9.5 db2 server, is there any extra information in the db2dasdiag.log file ?

    On your client (which should be a 64-bit v9.5 client at latest fixpack), as a test, please try this:

    Close all DB2 GUI tools (db2cc and/or db2ca etc).

    Open a db2cwadmin.bat window (Win 7) - ensuring admin mode db2cmd.exe

    In that window, manually catalog the tcpip node for the server (do not use gui db2ca), using the db2 catalog tcpip node... command (refer to infocenter for details), and choose a new unique node-name, ensure you set the correct port-number etc.

    Then in the same window manually catalog the database with the
    db2 catalog database X as Y at node ...
    command (refer to infocenter for details). If the database-name is already catalogued
    then use a different alias name in the manually catalogued entry.

    Then use
    db2 terminate

    followed by

    db2 connect to _your_dbname_ user _your_userid using _your_password_

    Please post if the connect succeeds.

    Then verfy that the DAS is running on the server , and that your server instances and databases have all the discovery options enabled, and finally start db2cc on your client,

    Does the symptom change then?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by db2mor View Post
    On the v9.5 db2 server, is there any extra information in the db2dasdiag.log file ?

    On your client (which should be a 64-bit v9.5 client at latest fixpack), as a test, please try this:

    Close all DB2 GUI tools (db2cc and/or db2ca etc).

    Open a db2cwadmin.bat window (Win 7) - ensuring admin mode db2cmd.exe

    In that window, manually catalog the tcpip node for the server (do not use gui db2ca), using the db2 catalog tcpip node... command (refer to infocenter for details), and choose a new unique node-name, ensure you set the correct port-number etc.

    Then in the same window manually catalog the database with the
    db2 catalog database X as Y at node ...
    command (refer to infocenter for details). If the database-name is already catalogued
    then use a different alias name in the manually catalogued entry.

    Then use
    db2 terminate

    followed by

    db2 connect to _your_dbname_ user _your_userid using _your_password_

    Please post if the connect succeeds.

    Then verfy that the DAS is running on the server , and that your server instances and databases have all the discovery options enabled, and finally start db2cc on your client,

    Does the symptom change then?
    db2dasdialog file throws the following:

    2012-08-30-11.04.31.068594-300 I23859A387 LEVEL: Error
    PID : 3939 TID : 2
    FUNCTION: DB2 Tools, DB2 administration server, db2dasKnownDscv, probe:96
    DATA #1 : String, 149 bytes
    Warning: DAS encountered problem when running the db2genp utility from
    the DB2 instance /export/home/db2instv/sqllib of the version 9050005.
    DATA #2 : Sint32, 4 bytes
    -22220

    2012-08-30-11.04.31.078099-300 I24247A439 LEVEL: Error
    PID : 3939 TID : 2
    FUNCTION: DB2 Tools, DB2 administration server, db2dasKnownDscv, probe:32
    DATA #1 : String, 234 bytes
    Info: There are '1' versions (V81FP8 or above) found on the system by discovery.
    Among these versions, the number of versions that successfully ran db2genp
    are '0'. For the possible error details, please see the log above.


    will catalog the node and the customer base of 64-bit Windows 7 and continued with the same error

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •