Thread: db2 Sql

Unanswered: db2 Sql

Hi - We have db2 V9 database.

please help me that the rows with the smaller ID numbers are returned first. I'm not 100% sure how to modify the indexes to do this. I checked all the common files in our normalizer and this is the current query used where the order of the results matter.

SET query = 'SELECT P.BUSINESS_NAME, A.STREET_NO, A.STREET_NAME, A.CITY, A.ZIP_POSTAL_CODE, A.STATE_PROV, A.COUNTRY,

C.FIRST_NAME, C.LAST_NAME, C.PHONE, C.EMAIL

FROM IDS.PARTICIPANT_ADDRESS AS A, IDS.PARTICIPANT AS P, IDS.PARTICIPANT_CONTACT AS C

WHERE P.ID = ? AND P.ID = C.PARTICIPANT_ID AND P.ID = A.PARTICIPANT_ID AND C.ROLE_ID= (SELECT R.ID FROM IDS.ROLE AS R WHERE R.NAME = ?)';

Please advise on how to make sure that the above query returns the smaller ID rows first.

Provided Answers: 5
    Try using ORDER BY on the SELECT. DB2 does not guarantee the order of a result set unless the ORDER BY is used.

Andy

Thanks for your quick response. Please explain little more that on which col i can use order by to get smaller id.

Provided Answers: 5
    Please read the manual (it is free). It will explain the ORDER BY clause. Only you know how you want it sorted.

Andy