Question Unanswered: Report Query Question

Hi All,

I have several reports that are displayed when a user enters in query data. For instance, I have the query set to when the "Claim Report" button is clicked, the popups come up for the user to type data so that they get the proper data displayed on the report.

The issue I have is if the user mistypes data, or doesn't type anything, or makes one mistake typing data, the report does not display or displays blank values.

Is there a way to validate or have the report not display and prompt the user to retype their data in the event they misspell or get a date range wrong?

Richmond, Virginia USA
    Provided Answers: 19
    I believe that Reports have an On No Data event that is meant to be used when there is... no data! Which sort of sounds like what's happening here. You could probably pop up a message box and allow the user to try again.

In Design View, go to Properties - Events.

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Do you mean the events property of the actual report? What could would be best to enter there? Thanks for your help!

out on a limb
    Provided Answers: 59
    Never ever trust user input.
    Personally i tend to use a semi pemanent form which calls the reports. That form displays then current parameters to be used. Those parameters ae set fro. A child form which handles the validation. Data is pushed or pulled from form to form or report and used in the query undeyi.g the report.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton