Unanswered: Networking question

Hi guys could you please share your thoughts with regards to networking.

I want to share a db over the internet and two branches connected wirelessly.

There are about 30 people in total.

1. Will brilliant be able to cope with this load?
    2. For the the internet users do you suggest VPN or Remote Desktop into the server
    3. Is there some type of redundancy built into brilliant in case of connection loss

Any other advice will be much appreciated before I deploy

Thanks

VPN is the best. However it is very slow. But in LAN it is very nice. I have connected upto 10 people no issues. But 30 user it may not take.
    Server monitor is inbuilt to restart the database incase of hanging. Still backup once in a week will help you lot. Better not to store attachments instead link the attachments for fastness.

Server monitor

Quote Originally Posted by asokram View Post
    VPN is the best. However it is very slow. But in LAN it is very nice. I have connected upto 10 people no issues. But 30 user it may not take.
    Server monitor is inbuilt to restart the database incase of hanging. Still backup once in a week will help you lot. Better not to store attachments instead link the attachments for fastness.
    When the server monitor restarts does it drop all work you have done when it does or does it resume your session.

I think I will go the VPN, luckily we have control of the VPN and we are not limited so much on speed

Thanks for that asokram

Yes when system hangs the server restarts after specified time say 15 seconds.All the users who were connected before hanging are,reconnected automatically. Normally you are not losing any data because brilliant database saves the data automatically once you are out of that record or field.However if the system hangs while executing the script may be we lose that particular operation data.But this very rare.

Thanks asokram - great info