Question Unanswered: Between dates/times Help needed

Hiya
    I'm trying to do a query that would extract all records that are time-stamped between 3pm yesterday and 3pm today (field1). Can anyone help?

Date field is formatted date time e.g. "01/07/2011 15:25:00"

Sql:

SELECT tblMovLog.Field1 AS [Date], tblMovLog.Field2 AS [Requested by], tblMovLog.Field3 AS Reg, tblMovLog.Field4 AS Site, tblMovLog.Field5 AS Dealer, tblMovLog.Field6 AS Sales, tblCurrent.DESCRIPTION

FROM tblMovLog LEFT JOIN tblCurrent ON tblMovLog.Field3 = tblCurrent.[REG NO]

WHERE (((tblMovLog.Field4)="Autologic"));

thank you for any help you can provide, it's driving me crackers!

Provided Answers: 2
    WHERE tblMovLog BETWEEN #01/09/2012 15:00:00# AND #02/09/2012 15:00:00#
    10% of magic is knowing something that no-one else does. The rest is misdirection.

Provided Answers: 59
    DATE is a reserved word do not use reserved words for table, column or variabel names it can cause chaos
    Try to avoid using spaces in table/column names as well. use either CamelCase or underscores

modify your where clause and insert the equivalent of
    dim MyDateVar as date
    'using a quirk of access datetimes (the number of clicks since a point in time, and time is the proportion of the day
    MyDateVar = date() 'set the current date
    MyDateVar = MyDateVar + 15/24 ' effectively add the time bracket

where MyDateColumn between dateadd("d",-1,MyDateVar) and MyDateVar
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

thank you weejas, but I'm looking for it to always select between 3pm yesterday and 3pm today regardless of the actual date.

healdem, Thank you, i'm a novice with VB, I dont even know how to open it from access.

I was providing an example of formatting, although in haste I missed off the field name!

To get into the VBA Editor from Access, select Modules, add a new module and open it. Or press Alt+F11.
    10% of magic is knowing something that no-one else does. The rest is misdirection.

How would i get it to represent something like:

BETWEEN #date()-1 15:00:00# AND #Date() 15:00:00#

Look at healdem's example from yesterday. It gives you everything that you need to set up the times.

Note that delimiting symbols such as double quotes("), single quotes(') and hashes (#) denote literal values - you cannot use functions within them.