Unanswered: perform automatic backup in unix

Hi guys! am new in unix. i would like to perform automatic backup, i have to use the command line but i can't figure out how to. i once tried this IBM DB2 9.7 Information Center for Linux, UNIX, and Windows in windows but no backup occured. i need your assistance on what commands to run to perform an automatic backup. am using db2 luw v9.7.1 on unix v5.

Provided Answers: 11
    automatic backup ?
    do you mean backup automated by db2 : see db cfg and auto maintenance
    job : create a script with backup and schedule in crontab..
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

yes i mean backup automated by db2. let me check that out.

as indicated : see db cfg and auto maintenance chapter
    is there a specific problem ?
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..

pardon me for coming back soo late, i been trying a lot of commands but i seem not to get this backup working. i have read the config and maintenace and have followed it. now, i have also added a backup task following IBM DB2 9.7 Information Center for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    the task is there in my task list but it's not running. has anyone done this before? someone help please, it's urgent.

you are talking about automated backup and say :
    i been trying a lot of commands but i seem not to get this backup working
    for automated backup - db2 will handle backup - no commands to be executed
    it will be executed when db2 decides it is needed and how configured in maintenance plan.
    that is why we suggest to schedule the job -in that case you have full control and know how and when backup will be taken..

If you are working with Unix then you can have a cron job to be setted for
    backup. all you need is a script and time when a backup needs to be taken.

let me know if you require more help.

Thanks
    Naval K

yes, naval i would like to know how to create the script.

look in the forum - recently somebody published a backup script - or look in entry of forum where scripts are published

let me know if guy's suggestion does not work for you.

Thanks
    Naval k