Arrow Unanswered: i want to block the code

am using microsoft access 2003 and I want ask how can I block the queries, tables, macros...etc that i wrote so the end user can't see them
    in other words i want the end user to see the the running of the application only and not the code
    how can i do it???
    thank you very much appreciate any help

Provided Answers: 14
    You can convert the database file to the .mde format. Don't forget to keep the original .mdb in a safe place as you cannot revert back (mde to mdb).
    Have a nice day!

Here is another option.

If you don't want to convert to mde, you could always go to options>startup and uncheck display database window.

Do you already have a display form or switchboard?

There are other options within startup that can control menu items, etc, but to hide the tables,queries,forms, etc, display database window should be unchecked.

Richmond, Virginia USA
    Provided Answers: 19
    As with most things security-related, it really depends on what you're trying to prevent!
    • Are you trying to merely keep a user from accidentally changing something in the app's design?
    • Are you trying to keep a user (who is savvy, vis--vis Access' inner workings) from intentionally changing something in the app's design?
    • Are you trying to prevent an outside developer/programmer from gaining access to your or your company's intellectual property?

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

thank you...
    actually i am trying to prevent the user from being able to see the the code, queries, macros...etc for intellectual property
    on converting my .mdb file to .mde this prevent the user to see the the forms in design view mode but he can still see the queries, macros... etc

any suggestions please???