Unanswered: Tab to Control on Form

I have a form where I wish to tab to the first control after the data has been entered and remain on the current record. Here is my code I am trying to use. It however tabs to a new record instead of the current one. There is NO sub-form.

Private Sub Picture3_KeyDown(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer)
    DoCmd.SetWarnings False

If KeyCode = Asc(vbTab) Then
    Forms!frm_mainThai![ChinaID].SetFocus
    KeyCode = 0
    End If
    End Sub

Open the property sheet of the form, goto the Other tab then set the Cycle to Current Record.

Provided Answers: 19
    Poppa Smurf has given you the solution for this task. I've always wondered why the 'Boys of Redmond' chose 'All Records' as the Default setting for this Property instead of 'Current Record; I've answered this very question dozens and dozens and dozens of times!

But this aside, to make your life easier, when writing code in the Code Module of a Form, and referring to a Control on that Form, instead of using

Forms!frm_mainThai![ChinaID].SetFocus

simply use the shortcut method of

Me![ChinaID].SetFocus

It means the same thing to the Access Gnomes, and cuts out the possibility of misspelling the Form's name and popping an error.

Also note that in VBA code, like this, you do not need to enclose a Control's name in Square Brackets unless the name contains a Space or inappropriate non-AlphaNumeric characters. The only allowable non-AlphaNumeric character is the Underline Character.

Also note that I wrote "in VBA code." Outside of the Code Module, such as when referring to a Control in the Conditional Formatting window, or when referring to a Control in the Properties Pane, such as in the Control Source Property of a Control, you must always enclose Control Names in Square Brackets!

The Access Gnomes are a fickle bunch of guys!

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007