Question Unanswered: Restore Windows db2 database in linux RHEL6

Hi Team,

I have taken my db2 database backup in windows db2v9.7. I want to restore the same in linux RHEL6 . Kindly suggest me the steps to restore it.
    Pls help . its urgent..

Regards,
    Kesav
    Last edited by kesav; 09-10-12 at 06:23.

Can't restore a DB2 backup done on Windows to DB2 Linux. You must do db2look (to create the schema) and db2move (to move the data).
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_A View Post
    Can't restore a DB2 backup done on Windows to DB2 Linux. You must do db2look (to create the schema) and db2move (to move the data).
    Sure Marcus? A redirected restore is possible when the CPU architectures (Endianness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) are compatible. So, as long as your linux server is not Power7 it should be possible.
    Somewhere between " too small" and " too large" lies the size that is just right.
    - Scott Hayes

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_te_z View Post
    So, as long as your linux server is not Power7 it should be possible.
    No.

"The supported platforms for DB2 backup and restore operations can be grouped into one of three families:

Big-endian Linux and UNIX
    Little-endian Linux and UNIX
    Windows

A database backup from one platform family can only be restored on any system within the same platform family. For Windows operating systems, you can restore a database created on DB2 Version 9.5 on a DB2 Version 9.7 database system. For Linux and UNIX operating systems, as long as the endianness (big endian or little endian) of the backup and restore platforms is the same, you can restore backups that were produced on down level versions. "

Backup and restore operations between different operating systems and hardware platforms
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_te_z View Post
    Sure Marcus?
    Sorry Marcus.
    Somewhere between " too small" and " too large" lies the size that is just right.
    - Scott Hayes