Unanswered: How to connect to 2 databases 10g dbconsole

Hi, I have 2 databases (Oracle 10.2.0.1) on one server (Sun 5.10). One of them connects to the dbconsole through port 1158. Although I know it is not recommended to connect more than 1 database to the dbconsole I know that it is possible. I do not have Grid Control and these dbs are small so I can't see the harm, it would just be handy.

I'm just not sure how to do this. I have searched the web and although I've read a lot I've not actually found anything which tells me how I achieve this. I have checked out my portlist.ini file and I can see both dbs are in there, each using a different port (1158 and 5500), but it doesn't work, so there's obviously something else I need to do.

Any clues please?

Cool

Install on your desktop or laptop the stand-alone 10g dbconsole from the companion installation media (disk).
    The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

I'd much rather have the web version that the standalone client....I know it's possible.....but how?? Seems to be a closely guarded secret.

Provided Answers: 1
    For each of the databases there will be a separate DBConsole. You need to check that services for both are running. Connection should then be as simple as using a different URL for each db, with each URL pointing at the relevant port.
    90% of users' problems can be resolved by punching them - the other 10% by switching off their PCs.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Polly013 View Post
    ... One of them connects to the dbconsole through port 1158. Although I know it is not recommended to connect more than 1 database to the dbconsole I know that it is possible...

Any clues please?
    In order to connect two databases to the same dbconsole they have to use the same Oracle home and reside on the same server.

In this case, there would be a separate configuration file per database and use a different port.

Each time you have to access a database, you invoke dbconsole with the port number for that database.

Or...use grid (or cloud) control
    The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

use oracle grid control for two different databases