Unanswered: Database getting quite large

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone knows what exactly makes my database increase in size. I have noticed that my database I use to store measurement data has steadily increased in size despite routine deletion of stored data. It is currently at around 150 mB.

I have a few pictures included but this number seems to be too large to warrant.

Thanks in advance for any help on the matter.

Matt

Have you run the compact and repair utility recently?

That will compact the size and tends to make things run smoother. Back up your db first if you haven't run it previously, just as a precaution.

Provided Answers: 59
    Access isnt very good at memory management, and especially poor at freeing up space if you are modifying the application design. The solution is easy, use the compact and repair option BUT only after you have taken a backup and verified the backup is 'good'.

Storing images inside a db is a contentious area. Some prefer to, some don't.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Quote Originally Posted by healdem View Post
    Access isnt very good at memory management, and especially poor at freeing up space if you are modifying the application design. The solution is easy, use the compact and repair option BUT only after you have taken a backup and verified the backup is 'good'.

Storing images inside a db is a contentious area. Some prefer to, some don't.
    Thanks for the reply.

I have been modifying the measurement software quite a bit so that sounds like it could be responsible for the increase. I'll give repairing a go today to see if it changes anything dramatically.

Cheers

Matt