Question Unanswered: help~cannot start sql server agent

Hi all,
    Got a big problem. I can start the sql server but not the sql server agent, so the jobs can't be used. Here is the situation.
    I try to start the sql server agent, but got the error msg: The request is failed or the service did not respond in a timely fashion. Consult the event log or other applicable error logs for details.
    So i go to the sql server error log and i find the below error:

I have searched for some tips on internet, and i can see the login user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM in sql server management studio is public and sysadmin roles.
    and i log on the sql server agent as builtin account: local system

I have no idea why this goes wrong.
    The pre-situation is that i found a account Administrators (not the Administrator) in the windows server, so i deleted it. (in windows users), i don't know if it matters. Besides that, i didn't do anything to the windows configuration or sql server configuration.
    But the problem here is I am able to start the sql server agent.

I have attached some snapshot for your reference.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg  

Provided Answers: 11
    The last error message has a state of 16. This indicates that the database (msdb in this case) was not open. Check to see if the msdb database is in a suspect, or offline state. If it is, you will have to get it back online, or at worst, back from a backup.

Thanks, Mcrouley,
    Yes you r right, when i try to login the sql server management studio i get the prompt error msg: the msdb database is in suspect......
    I tried to look into the event log and windows log, figured out the cause was power corrupt.
    Now the problem is i didn't do any backup for msdb :-(
    so any advice to how to get it back online, since i have some jobs running~
    Thanks in advance!

221B Baker St.
    How much can be salvaged?

If there is this outage, how are jobs still running?

If it was my adventure, i'd consider shutting down the system and at least creating a backup of what is currently "there". There HAS been a backup process setup and tested (tested means it has been restored into an "empty" world and verified as complete)? If there has never been a test of the restore, there is no reason to believe there is a good backup. All that exists is some media with questionable content.

Once i had the current data backed up (and successfully restored elsewhere if this has never been tested), i would determine how much has been lost and plan on getting back on line. Unnattractive, but it may be nesessary to re-enter/re-process what was lost.

FWIW - i Never allow a database to be used in any environment until it has been successfully backed up and restored. Then things can be done by whoever.

Check this article on some potential remedies for suspect state.
    SQL Server Database SUSPECT state - SQL Server DBA