Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unanswered: BIG BIG problem!!! with the bypass

Hi...
    If got a big problem if made a Access dB and was tinking smart to disable the bypass key...
    But some how, dont ask me how, i deleted some of the code and now it won't open in the background view....

Can some1 help me plzzzz couse if put a lot of time in this dB and this was the last part before i was going to launch it.....

Many thanks

Man ... how do I know it this is your work.

I'll tell you anyways I guess. It not a big secret. I've had this happen to me too. The easist way I know of is to create a new db, then use the import function and pull all over all of your forms, queries etc. The code comes along with it.

Funny how we've did all that work to disable the shift key for nothing. After you're done you'll probably want to google sometihng like "password protect vba modules" The first hit should show you how to protect the important part, your code. Of coasre there a way around that too.

Provided Answers: 14
    You don't event need to create a new database and import all objects from the "locked" one into it. Create a new database then create a new module and paste this code into it:
    Code:
    Sub UnlockDatabase(ByVal DbPath As String)

Dim dbs As DAO.Database
        Dim pty As DAO.Property

On Error Resume Next
        Set dbs = DBEngine.OpenDatabase(DbPath)
        For Each pty In dbs.Properties
            Select Case pty.Name
                Case "StartUpShowDBWindow", "StartUpShowStatusBar ", "AllowShortcutMenus ", "AllowFullMenus", _
                     "AllowBuiltInToolbars", "AllowToolbarChanges", "AllowSpecialKeys"
                    pty.Value = True
                    dbs.Properties.Refresh
            End Select
        Next pty
        dbs.Close
        Set dbs = Nothing

End Sub
    Now open the immediage window (CTRL+G) and call the procedure UnlockDatabase() by typing: UnLockDatabase "<DatabaseName>" and press the Enter key, where <DatabaseName> is the full path to the database you want to unlock. Ex:
    Code:
    UnlockDatabase "u:\Access\rtf.mdb"
    Have a nice day!

Show off

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndho View Post
    You don't event need to create a new database and import all objects from the "locked" one into it. Create a new database then create a new module and paste this code into it:
    Code:

Dim dbs As DAO.Database
        Dim pty As DAO.Property

On Error Resume Next
            Select Case pty.Name
                Case "StartUpShowDBWindow", "StartUpShowStatusBar ", "AllowShortcutMenus ", "AllowFullMenus", _
                    pty.Value = True
                    dbs.Properties.Refresh
            End Select
        Next pty
        dbs.Close
        Set dbs = Nothing

End Sub
    Now open the immediage window (CTRL+G) and call the procedure UnlockDatabase() by typing: UnLockDatabase "<DatabaseName>" and press the Enter key, where <DatabaseName> is the full path to the database you want to unlock. Ex:
    Code:
    Hi
    Thanks for the response...
    I probebly doing someting wrong...
    But i get this MSG.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lock.bmp  

Im sorry it dit work !!!
    Your my

You're welcome!
    Have a nice day!

Microsoft acsess

Hi there i am wondering if there is anyway around this situation.

i want to submit a my fiends database for my course becase it is exactly the same.how could i do this with outmy lecture knowing i.e i herd that when using microsft acsess they can tell exactly where the data base came from. is there a fucntion to break the loop in showing that the database was made by the orginal maker ? if this makes sense? also is there away to copy table from his to mine without it coming up as HIS work?

thanks so much, thom

There is an option named "Remove personal information from file properties on save". In Access 2003 you open the Tools menu and select Options. When the Options dialog box is open the option is on the General tab. In Access 2010, you open the File menu and select Options. In the Access Options window, select Active Database to find this option.
    Have a nice day!

thanks so much for the reply! so will this mean that my lecture can not prove that the data base was indeed built by under my friends university login? i cant seem to find that on Microsoft Ac 2007.

regards !!!
    thom!!

If you really want to be sure that no one can tell that you copied the database, create a new one and import all objects from the original into it.
    Have a nice day!

I'm sure you know that most colleges will expel you if you get caught copying another students work, especially when it's intentional and copied in its entirety. You are trusting strangers to give you information that can decided your future, not a good choice friend.

Could Really Use Some Help

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndho View Post
    Code:

Dim dbs As DAO.Database
        Dim pty As DAO.Property

On Error Resume Next
            Select Case pty.Name
                    pty.Value = True
                    dbs.Properties.Refresh
            End Select
        Next pty
        dbs.Close
        Set dbs = Nothing

End Sub
    Code:

This looked like such a helpful reply that I was hoping I had the brains and enough database understanding to follow it. But, alas, it is late and my mind is just not able to figure it out.

My company has been using the same CRM software for over 10 year now, and have spent probably $20,000 on initial setup, monthly fees, etc for this software (based on an Access 2000 DB, I believe) and now the company has closed its doors and there is no longer anyone who is able to help us with the software. We are moving to a much better application (one that is web based and will provide our customers with much better functionality, it is not even funny how bad this old software truly is). But, the dilemma is this, the database files are locked and we have over 10 years of data in there, but am unable to get to it for our conversion to the new software.

Is there anything that can be done to unlock these files? I found a program that will remove any passwords, but this does not seem to be an issue. They are locked some other way, and I just don't have enough experience with Access to know what they have done to secure these file.

I would be so grateful to anyone who has any suggestions as to how we might go about making our conversion process easier. If we have to enter this data manually, it will be an absolute nightmare, and I just don't want to go back to the owner and tell him that we are dead in the water after he has spent so much money on this old software, and now all our vital business data is locked in the 4 or 5 Access files that are secured tighter than Fort Knox.

PLEASE, PLEASE...anyone?! I know that we would be willing to pay for this help. I don't know how much, but $150-$200 at least would be reasonable to my boss, I am sure.

Can anyone help?!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Regards,
    Jake

The first thing to do consists in trying to open the database from another Access database. If you can do it, a big part of the problem is solved. try to create a new database and use this code in it:
    Code:
    Sub OpenExternalDatabase(ByVal DatabaseName As String)
    '
    ' DatabaseName must contain the full path to the Database to open.
    '
    ' Open the Immediate window (Ctrl+G) to see the results.
    '
        Dim dbs As DAO.Database
        Dim tdf As DAO.TableDef
        Dim fld As DAO.Field

Set dbs = DBEngine.OpenDatabase(DatabaseName, False)
        For Each tdf In dbs.TableDefs
            Debug.Print tdf.Name
            For Each fld In tdf.Fields
                Debug.Print , fld.Name, fld.Type
            Next fld
            Debug.Print
        Next tdf
        dbs.Close
        Set dbs = Nothing

End Sub
    If you can successfully open the database, you'll be able to decide from which tables you need to extract data.
    Have a nice day!

Enough Knowledge to Be Dangerous

Thanks for such a speedy reply, but I have to admit that I just don't have enough expertise to even know how to follow your instructions.

I created a new database and then created a new module, but I just don't know what to do at that point. I don't know the syntax to be able to point to the location of the database. It is simply an .MDB file named CLIENTS.MDB located on the Desktop. But, like I said, I don't know where to put in the code the reference to the .MDB file.

I apologize that I am not a very savvy Access user. I know enough to be dangerous and I know the theory behind relational databases (the terminology, etc.), but I just don't know enough to follow your instructions.

That is why I truly will pay you to help us figure out how to get these files unlocked. Please let me know what you're willing to do and what I could pay you for your expertise.

Thanks,
    Jake
    Attached Files Attached Files