Unanswered: Configuring DB2 for iSeries with Microsoft ADO.NET

I was wondering by chance if anyone here had experience working with installing the .Net libraries from the IBM iAccess for Windows software onto a windows server.

I was able to install the components just fine on my local machine with the appication working great, but having problems installing on a windows server.

Some how it reconfigure the Mach.config file in the 2.0 framework and none of my application on that server is working properly.

If I am in the wrong forum please let me know which forum to post my question.

Thank you,

Are you trying to connect to iSeries from Windows?

Yes... Actually we are connected to the DB2 database through a custom .Net web application on a local PC that had the V6 client access for Windows installed. Unfortunately when installing the V6 client access for Windows on a Windows server 2003, the iSeries .Net Data Provider corrupts the machine.config file in the .Net 2.0 framework. The iSeries V6 client access will somehow resets the permissions in IIS as well. We had to reset the application’s pool in IIS to allow the right permissions and were successful on restoring our legacy programs back to working again, however we need our new .Net web application to function as well, but we get a different error message after resolving the other issues the first installation had caused.

The new error message:

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Can you help us?