Unanswered: Access 2003 Application for Access Runtime 2007

I have an MS-Access 2003 Application that someone needs who does not have MS-ACCESS. I thought it could be done with the Access-Runtime Version for Office 2007 (32Bit). I tested the Application with ACCESS2007 and created the .accdb with office 2007 to make sure that it will work.
    Unfortunally there is an error message, indicating that the runtime Access can not open that file because of an wrong file
    Now my question:
    Can I use .mde and have it run on office 2007?

Thank you for an reply

Provided Answers: 19
    Only recently moved up to 2007, and have never used Runtime, but did some research after reading your post. Came across Microsoft article on 'Migration considerations for Access 2007' that can be found here:

Migration considerations for Access 2007

One section of this article, discussing the running of previous version databases, under Runtime 2007, gives the impression that after converting the app from .MDB to to .ACCDB, you then have to change the file extension to .ACCDR in order to run under 2007 Runtime. No guarantees here, I may have misinterpreted, but it would account for the error message that the file could not be opened because of an incorrect file name, the extension being wrong.

Hope this helps!

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Sorry for responding late, but I could'nt try your suggestons on that computer with Windows 2007.
    The change to accdr shwed the same error (6037 "This object was saved in an invalid format and cannot be read.")
    I think you should know that the Application is working with a separate mdb Application with tables only. When starting the accdr it has to link the tables.
    Pevater