Smile Unanswered: RESOLVED:BadImageFormatException Message:Could not load file or assembly Oracle.Data

Hi All,

I have a 32bit C# application that uses a 32bit 11g client (ODP) on 2003 server, that I need to port over to a 64bit Windows 2008 R2 server. Can I install the 32bit 11g client on a 64bit server, and have my 32bit c# application run? The reason why I ask is because I'm getting the following error message when I try to run my 32bit app on a 64bit machine.

BadImageFormatException Message : Could not load file or assembly Oracle.DataAccess

Thanks.

Matt
    Last edited by mlong30; 09-20-12 at 07:49. Reason: Resolved

Provided Answers: 1
    You could try setting the compatibility mode for the 32bit client - right click on the application file, select 'properties', then click on the 'Compatibility' tab & set it to a value that works for you.
    90% of users' problems can be resolved by punching them - the other 10% by switching off their PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by cis_groupie View Post
    You could try setting the compatibility mode for the 32bit client - right click on the application file, select 'properties', then click on the 'Compatibility' tab & set it to a value that works for you.
    The application itself or the 32bit oracle client?

Provided Answers: 1
    I was referring to the 32bit Oracle client - I read your post as saying that only the 11g client was moving to the 64bit server. However, if the C# application is also moving over to the 64bit server then although I've no experience with 32bit C# applications on 64bit servers I would expect the 'solution' to work for that as well.
    90% of users' problems can be resolved by punching them - the other 10% by switching off their PCs.

I got it working! I had to re-compile my C# application from "any CPU" to "x486" which is a specific 32bit compile.

thanks!