Unanswered: Copy Data From One Table To Another

I have a database that is messed up somehow.It gives me a error saying that the field cant be updated.After 3 tries it lets me update it. So I created all of the tables again with no data of course and now need to get the old data into the new db.

I don't know why but I changed the Recordset Type to Inconsistent Updates and the problem went away. I don't understand but it works.Still I messed up by creating a replica and now I can't copy the tables since they have weird names now for some of the fields.
    Last edited by Burrina; 09-20-12 at 10:36. Reason: Problem Solved, Kind of

Provided Answers: 14
    For exporting data from a local table to an external database where a destination already exists, you need to create a query like this:
    Code:
    INSERT INTO <Destination Table> (<Column1>, <Column2>, ...) IN <External Database>
        SELECT <Column1>, <Column2>, ...
        FROM <Local Table>
        [WHERE <Condition>]
    [WHERE <Condition>] being optional. Ex:
    Code:
    INSERT INTO Table1 (Field1, Field2) IN 'U:\Access\Copy_Insert.mdb'
        SELECT Field1, Field2
        FROM Table1
        WHERE Field1 Is Not Null;
    I don't understand where changing the Recordset Type to Inconsistent Updates or creating a replica come from.
    Have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndho View Post
    For exporting data from a local table to an external database where a destination already exists, you need to create a query like this:
    Code:
    INSERT INTO <Destination Table> (<Column1>, <Column2>, ...) IN <External Database>
        SELECT <Column1>, <Column2>, ...
        FROM <Local Table>
        [WHERE <Condition>]
    [WHERE <Condition>] being optional. Ex:
    Code:
    INSERT INTO Table1 (Field1, Field2) IN 'U:\Access\Copy_Insert.mdb'
        SELECT Field1, Field2
        FROM Table1
        WHERE Field1 Is Not Null;
    I don't understand where changing the Recordset Type to Inconsistent Updates or creating a replica come from.
    Thanks for your answer , it's help me to do my works , now I'm working at databaze and I need some knowledges at Microsoft Access .

Provided Answers: 19
    If this doesn't resolve your problem, here are a couple of things to think about/look at:

When you speak of "the Field cant be updated" are you speaking a Field in multiple Records that is exhibiting this behavior, or have you only tried editing this Field in a single Record?

I ask because

A single Record, in Access, can become corrupted, and this corruption may follow you into the newly created Table.

When we think of corruption, we think in terms of Forms and entire Databases becoming corrupted, but a single Control can become corrupted. The test and solution for this is to simply Delete the Control and then Recreate it.

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007