Unanswered: how to identify the SP used by the front end application

there is a Crystal Report run from the Front end Application. The DB used here is SQL Server 2008. I need to know the Stored Procedure used by the report that is been run from the front end. . How shall I do it? Can anyone please help me?

Provided Answers: 2
    Look in the design of the report?
    10% of magic is knowing something that no-one else does. The rest is misdirection.

Weejas,

I do not have the Crystal report with me. the report comes along with the product and we do not have the crystal report with us. Is there any way we create triger (running the report) and using that latest update i find out the report id and the SP used by the rpoert ID?

Provided Answers: 2
    I don't use Crystal Reports, but AFAIK, the only way to find out information on a report (or to make the report display that information) is to view or modify the design of the report.

If you have access to the database elements, you could try running all of the SPs that result in a recordset and seeing which one returns the same data that you get in the report.
    10% of magic is knowing something that no-one else does. The rest is misdirection.

Quote Originally Posted by kelvinroberts View Post
    Weejas,

I do not have the Crystal report with me. the report comes along with the product and we do not have the crystal report with us. Is there any way we create triger (running the report) and using that latest update i find out the report id and the SP used by the rpoert ID?
    If you have sysadmin privileges then try using profiler. Run the report and capture the sp events which should give the required information.

corncrowe,

Thanks a lot for your response! This makes sense to my issue! I do have the system-admin previleges.

Could you please give few steps on how shall i do that, please?

Quote Originally Posted by kelvinroberts View Post
    corncrowe,

Thanks a lot for your response! This makes sense to my issue! I do have the system-admin previleges.

Could you please give few steps on how shall i do that, please?
    Open profiler from management studio, create a new trace, select stored procedures and sql events, use current connection then save results to temp table. Run the trace and then report from UI. Repeat above several times to make sure you have enough events captured. Select your spid from the saved table and check results for sp. If no sp captured then tweak your events in the trace until you have the expected results. If you run the UI report from a network then it is possible many spids (users) will be included in the results, so it's best to try this in a test environment where very few individuals are using the application.