Unanswered: How to set DB2 ready for Online backup? (from circullar to archive logging)

Hi,

this is probably the simple question bout I have doubts.
    I have DB2 9.7 on Linux and it is with default circular logging.
    Now I want to change it to archive logging to be able to do online backup.
    I do this because I must set DB for backups with Tivoli Storage Manager.
    What do I have to do?
    I did this:

1.db2cc Configure Database Logging Wizard
    2.choose archive logging
    3.to choose "Use a user exit to archive the log files" or "Use DB2 to automatically log files" what is the difference? If second is chosen I choose for Media Type TSM and for failure path /opt/archive2
    4.Set primary log number to 10 and secondary to 15. Size of each 4096
    5.Logging location /opt/archive
    6. Run now without saving task history

Does someone know is this enough to enable my database to be able for TSM?
    Did I did something wrong?What do I have to do more?
    What do I have to choose in 3-rd step?
    I found some documentation but it doesnt giving me the exact steps for configuring.
    Do I have to do some kind of scheduling on db level for performing database backup or on the side of TSM?

Thank you

Use command line instead of CC.

You need to set DSMI* env variables in $HOME/sqllib/userprofile and restart the instance (don't forget to source .profile or whatever you have for your shell or logout/login prior to restarting it). If using passwordaccess generate, need to set the password (done by your TSM admin?). Then, set LOGARCHMETH1 db cfg to TSM and take an offline db backup.

This assumes dsm.opt / dsm.sys already exist and TSM client is installed.

Check this links for more info:
    IBM Configuring DB2 and Tivoli Storage Manager in Unix / Linux - United States
    IBM DB2 9.7 Information Center for Linux, UNIX, and Windows

Thank you for reply db2girl.
    OK I understand now that I must configure DSMI variables and dsm.opt / dsm.sys files. Thank you for your link it is very clear explained.

But I have still one doubt.
    As I said my current logging is circular.
    For TSM I must change it to archive.
    So in that first steps do I have to be careful with some settings?

On example when changing from circular to archive what to set in my step 3:to choose "Use a user exit to archive the log files" or "Use DB2 to automatically log files" what is the difference? If second is chosen I choose for Media Type TSM and for failure path /opt/archive2?

What to set for primary archive log path and what to active log path?
    Is something from this two must be TSM volume disk path?
    Please can you clarify me this?

My worry is when changing initially from circular to archive logging to doesn't mess up with something (regarding TSM backuping)?

Thank you

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by cankovicv View Post
    My worry is when changing initially from circular to archive logging to doesn't mess up with something (regarding TSM backuping)?
    Immediately after changing the log archive mode you must take a full offline backup, so all the "messing up" will remain in the past after that.

This, as well as all your other questions, is explained in the manuals; may be you should take some time to read them.
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

OK thanks for reply but that does not still answer my question how to change from circular to archive logging?

Do I have to set something specially when modifying logging to be prepared for TSM?
    Especially my worry is step 3:to choose "Use a user exit to archive the log files" or "Use DB2 to automatically log files" what is the difference? If second is chosen do I have to choose for Media Type TSM and for failure path /opt/archive2?
    Does path should be in that setting on TSM media or DB media?

Provided Answers: 1
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

OK thanks.
    My doubt is should I set logarchmeth1 configuration parameter to a value DISK and to set some disk path or to TSM? How to know that?
    When you were configuring DB2 for TSM did you set this value on DISK or TSM?
    For TSM did you specified some disk path on that storage?

Thanks