Unanswered: Add records to treeview or similiar

As anyone tried to add records to the treeview? I have a form that list something like the below example. Usaully I would have this on a report, maybe with a subreport, but the data changes often and could be quite a few pages so printing it out often would be a burden to those the need the info. My thought was to have a form that lists the info and let the user click to expanded the sections they wanted to see and prehaps requery now and then to get fresh data. Treeview came to mind since I use it on the some pages for navigation, but I use it to open related forms and reports not display data from a table ot query.

So any ideas? Keep going with the treeview or try something different?

Example

-order date
    -----open sales order for that date
    ----------open item and order qty for that order

In this example order date and the sales order come from the same query, and the open items and order qty are from a related table.
    Last edited by profector; 09-28-12 at 12:26. Reason: changed outline

I thought about a pivot table. but I don't think that would work. Pivot table wouldn't display a report.
    Last edited by profector; 09-28-12 at 12:43.

Provided Answers: 19
    Why not simply preview the Report instead of actually printing it out?

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

The ideal of using the tree view was that it would allow the user to quickly navigate to an order and pick up info on the way. For example when they expand today's date they can see how many orders there are with that date. Then they could expand the order to get more detail.

This is what I was thinking of http://documentation.commvault.com/h...l_report_2.gif

I dont think this was access though, Crystal perhaps.

What I may end up doing is to create a tree view on one side of the form and then a listbox on the right with the order detail. So when they click on the order it displays the detail in the listbox. Or maybe just keep the treeview for the order, date, and detail. But since I can't list the record, I can probably concatenate it into string and list that. I don't know hwo it's going to work out yet. Just thought I'd see if anyone els has tried it before.
    Last edited by profector; 10-01-12 at 16:56. Reason: grammar