Job Position: Java Programmer
Location: Richmond, VA
Client : State of VA-Virginia Information Technology Agency
Duration : 12 Months+
Job Description: VSP is looking for a consultant with Oracle database, SQL, and Java/JEE software development experience to assist with support of a vendor provided Sex Offender Registry system based on Oracle Forms and Reports. In addition, this position will be involved with development and support of Java/JEE programs.
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience with Oracle database is required
· Experience with requirements gathering and documentation is required.
· Experience with the following technologies: Web Services, Struts, and XML/XSLT, Spring, and JPA is preferred.
· Knowledge of and experience with UNIX OS, UNIX Shell Scripting, PL/SQL, and UML are strongly preferred.
· Experience with Rationale Requisite Pro, Rational Application Developer, Eclipse and WebSphere Application Server are preferred. Experience with Oracle Forms and Reports is preferred.
· The ability to successfully interact in a team environment is required.
· Effective oral and written communication skills are required.
Skills Required Required Experience Candidate Experience Last Used
Oracle Database Experience Required 2yr Years
Java/JEE Development Experience Required 5 Years
Experience with Requirements gathering and documentation Required 2 Years
Struts, XML/XSLT, Spring, JPA Highly desired 2 Years
UNIX, UNIX shell scripting Highly desired 2 Years
UML, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Application Developer Desired 1 Years
Websphere Application Server Experience Desired 1 Years
Oracle Forms and Reports Highly desired 1 Years
Webservices Highly desired 2 Years
PL/SQL Highly desired 2 Years
SQL Experience Required 5 Years
JSP Experience Required 5 Years
Good oral and written communications Required