Question Unanswered: How to get Windows to stop thinking VBA crashed

Good Afternoon everyone,

I have an app that I am working on that is in Access 2010. You provide a directory and it will load 2 tables in ms sql 2008 with all the details of each.
    It works fine, the issue I have is I tried to create a progress bar (that also works) that lets us know how far along it is. The issue is that Windows if I click on say internet explorer thinks the access app crashed and askes me to restart the app. When this happenes I go to SQL Server and I can see the records still being written to the tables, So It really has not crashed.

I guess I can live with it thinking it crashed then let it recover when its done. but then my progrss bar only goes so far then stops, and when it recovers it says tada 100% complete.

I was wondering if anyone had heard or knew of a way to make windows stop making the window goto not responding. Thought maby a timer loop for even less than a second to make it skip thorough? It is a big amount of data it is capturing and writing(around 9000 files within 3000 directories.) We are in the process of cleaning up the folders and this app will evenually let the user delete the files no longer needed when a query populates and says hey this has not been used in years WTF?

Sorry if not very clear at first so recap. The data being written to SQL tables are the details of all the files and Directories.

Durring the loading (filesystemobject method) Windows thinks it crashes but it is really just recursing through the files and directories.

Provided Answers: 14
    If possible, try to add some DoEvents instructions into your code and see if it helps.
    Have a nice day!

That Did the Trick thank you very much for your help in this!

Provided Answers: 14
    You're welcome!
    Have a nice day!