Unanswered: Trouble making subreports that filter not working

I am programming a db that tracks the efficiencies of people who work in a warehouse. They perform any number of tasks multiple times per day but there are only 12 different tasks that they could be asked to perfrom.

I have written a report with the intention that it will serve as one subreport to show data for one of the tasks. One query provides the record set for the reports so I am using Me.Filter = "[ItemTypeID] = 1" with a second line that switches the filter on: something like: Me.FilterOn = Yes.

ItemType is what we are calling a task.

Once I made this first report, I tested it and found that it functioned perfectly. Then I copied it 12 times and edited the Me.Filter = "[ItemTypeID] = 1" so that each report filtered on each ItemTypeID number 1 - 12.

With the subreports copied, edited, and saved with their own unique names, I slammed each one into a "Main" report. When I try to run the Main report, I get:

RunTime error 2101: The setting you entered isn't valid for this property

going into debug mode showed me that the line:

Me.Filter = "[ItemTypeID] = 1"

is highlighted.

Why? This report worked when it was a stand alone report. Any ideas what is wrong?

Thanks everyone!

what I have tried

I tried deleting all but one subreport on the main form to see if it would work with one report only and the same problem persists. This is really crazy!

Can't figure out why this doesn't work. Am I not setting this up exactly the way a programmer should be doing it?

This is the way this is supposed to be done, correct????

Please help

Provided Answers: 6
    Can you post a sample db that exhibits the problem?
    Paul

db attached

If you open the form: f901ItemTypesUserPicksSingleDate

and select the first option for the Company, and then select 10/06/12 for the date, you should get Report1 to open that should have one subreport on it that is full of data.

If you open the report: r600ItemTypeGroupsSingleDateTask01

and supply the parameters: 1, then the date 10/06/12, you get a fully functioning subreport which should appear when Report1 opens.

Note that this report filters data based on the ID for TaskType 1.

Question is why the subreport doesn't work on Report1 along with about 11 other subreports that need to work on Report01?

any/all feedback is really appreciated
    Attached Files Attached Files

Curious, as you'd think it would work. Setting the filter property in design view and changing "Filter On Load" to Yes seems to work, though I think Report1 is corrupt so I started with a fresh one.
    Paul

thanks

I just tried the design mode filtering and it worked, and I didn't replace Report1. There are some issues with how the subreport doesn't show the whole report but that is for another thread.

Next step for me is to put about 14 of these reports in Report1 and see if they all will work.

Thanks pbaldy

ps hey what ever happened to JasonM? if you know....

JasonM from the old mdbmakers website? He decided to give up the website, but as far as I know he's still around. He gave me permission to copy some of his FAQ's to my website, and I think I have his email address there as attribute.
    Paul

yeah

Yeah, that's the JasonM I'm talking about; He helped me out of a real big problem once. He saved my project.