Question Unanswered: data type mismatch in criteria expression

hello there. new member here. I was following this access tip on making multiple labels:

Microsoft Access tips: Printing a Quantity of a Label

I went through all the steps 1-5 and it seems that I've misunderstood something. In my query I get a "data type mismatch in criteria expression" error.

this is how I have my query set up:

http://i46.tinypic.com/1zyhhqh.jpg

and I'm using Access 2007

Provided Answers: 2
    What is the data type of tblCount.CountID?
    What is the data type of [Order Details].QTY?

If I may offer some advice that will save you time and trouble down the line, you need to amend your database design. Try to avoid using non-alphanumeric characters in object names and field names - it makes your coding requirements harder and makes the code harder to read and understand. There are various strategies that you can adopt instead - underscores ("Order_Details"), mixed case ("OrderDetails") or camel case ("tblOderDetails"). Pick one that you like and use it consistently, and you'll have an easier time when you come to revisit a database's code after a period of not looking at it.
    10% of magic is knowing something that no-one else does. The rest is misdirection.

weejas thanks for your help. I guess the data types of the 2 fields were different. I changed them both to long integer.

thanks for the tips

Provided Answers: 2
    Glad I could help!
    10% of magic is knowing something that no-one else does. The rest is misdirection.