Thread: db2 connect 9.7

Unanswered: db2 connect 9.7

Hi , I am trying to understand db2 connect products (vesrsion 9.7) suitable for connecting to DB2 Z/os(V9.1) and appreciate some help. I do understand that the product selection is based on the usage as well. But I have these inintial questions.

1) I have found the following Db2 connect product offerings based on the licensing arrangements. My question is all these are same product downloads (except the personal edition) or these are seperate products that need to be downloaded seperatly.

Unlimited Edition for iSeries or zSeries
    Unlimited Advanced Edition for System Z
    Application Server Edition
    Application Server Advanced Edition
    Enterprise Edition Authorized Users
    Enterprise Edition Concurrent Users (called Enterprise Edition Floating Users Single Install as of v10.1)
    Personal Edition

2) IBM manual recomends to use db2 connect client insted of DB2 connect server. Does the Db2 connect client means the DB2 data server client ? Or Db2 connect client is a different product to Db2 data server client ?

Thanks in advance

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by stj20 View Post
    Or Db2 connect client is a different product to Db2 data server client ?
    These are different products, as their names suggest, and you need both installed.
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

Hi n_i , I have found in the forum (after posting this) some one replied to a similar question that there is no product called ' db2 conect client'. Don't you think so ?

Provided Answers: 1
    May be instead of looking at forums you can get to the source, don't you think so?

IBM DB2 Connect
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

Hi , someone who knows about db2 connect can answer the above question ? Is there a product called 'db2 connect client' or is it a misnomer ?

Hi,

there's no product called "db2 connect client". It's an license issue.

With a normal client you cann access DB2 on zOS and LUW. The access to LUW is included in the LUW Server license. To access zOS from an LUW-System you need a connect license.

hth
    nvk