Unanswered: form subform array problem

Hello I have a table stored in an array 4 fields 30 records I want to insert this in a linked table in a subform I am trying to use the on load event where i am using code to get my array populated.

The goal is to open a main form to a new record which i will manually fill in. The subform has a table with 8 fields of whick I want to fill 4 of fields with appox 30 records.

current situation I have lost my way so any help would be great.

thanks Bob

Provided Answers: 6
    So you're loading records from a table into an array, then you want to copy them back to another table? Why not just use an append query to copy the records directly?
    Paul

I need to clarify

Thanks for the imput but I need to clariy.

the form with subform has two tables Shift_Main and Shift Detail they are linked on fields Shift_ID to get a one to many relationship ie.Pkey &Fkey
    I want to open both tables so I get a linked record in each table. before I enter any data I want to populate the detail table with three of the eight fieldswith and fill in manually the balance of the data data. The Table i want to imput from is created with a make table query with several different criteria.

Hope this is clear enough and once again thanks for the help.

I still don't see the point of the array. You can just append the records from one table to the other. I don't know if you're doing something similar, but I have a db to track driver activity. We have a variety of rates they might charge during the day, kept in a rate table. For data entry, I append a record for every possible rate into the activity table, so the user can just tab through and assign hours to the applicable rate(s). When the user exits the form, I delete any record with 0 hours.
    Paul

more clarity required

Hello paul thats the idea I am trying to do except my table shift_main has several other tables that are related. so need to keep the relationships. I have to tell you I am a novice at this and manage to get things done by reading on the net. I do have a couple of books coming on VBA so I can learn more. So the question I have when are you doing the append query in the form module on an open table? if so can you help with a little direction on the code.
    Thanks Bob

In my case they are first on a form that populates the "main" table, then they open a popup form to enter rates. When they click on the button to open that form I run the append query, which uses the first form to get the foreign key value. You could also do it with a subform, running the append and then requerying the subform.
    Paul

Hi would be interest in the details of how to do that

Thanks Bob

How to do what, exactly?
    Paul

need more help (just a learner)

uses the first form to get the foreign key value. would that be in vba in one of the form or subform events. How would I do that?