Agency: State of OR- The Department of Forestry's Mission
Duration: 8 months
Work Location: Salem, OR
· Provides technical support by telephone and on-site to computer users statewide. Requests are generally logged into the computerized tracking system prior to escalation. Records solutions in the solutions database or in other forms of documentation. Communicates to the affected parties the status of trouble requests.
· Analyzes system performance, error codes, diagnostic messages, and resolves problems or conflicts. Installations generally have established procedures. Testing and troubleshooting is at an advanced level. Deals with version compatibility issues, modifies configurations, tests and troubleshoots, and performs major hardware upgrades. Physically replaces cards and other hardware.
· Provides maintenance and support for agency intranet running on SharePoint 2007.
· Performance analysis is conducted on a regular basis on PC's to determine system performance levels. If performance deteriorates, measures are instituted to return system performance to acceptable levels.
· Configures client software, i.e. ODBC drivers, Outlook and Exchange e-mail access, protocols, adapters, VPN, and TN3270 host emulation.
· Creates, maintains and administers user logins to all ODF systems. Manage active directory/domain user accounts, email accounts and security permissions for ODF users.
· Resolves intrusion, hacking or virus incidents on user devices. This includes performing operating system and application patch management. Tracks operational and system changes in preparation for recovery needs.
· As directed conduct research on emerging products and services in support of hardware and software acquisitions.
· 4+ years technical support and troubleshooting experience on currently supported Windows platforms (XP, WIN 7).
· 3+ years experience as a SharePoint administrator
· Excellent customer service skills, team player
· Experience providing remote desktop and phone support
· Knowledge of mobile technologies and how to integrate into agency infrastructure
· Experience running pilot projects to test and justify moving to new technologies