Unanswered: Library Management System on Oracle

Hi There,
    Please forgive me if I am posting in the wrong section. This is my first time that I am posting some thing here. I tried to search through different sections but this kinda ticked as the most relevant unless i am wrong .

Any way I am working on this project for a library system. I will sort of outline the project first:
    1) Library can issue books and other equipments like dvd, laptop and camera etc. Which I put together as an item.
    2) Librarian can issue items.
    3) Item can be loaned by members who could either be students or employees
    4) item is supplied by supplier.
    5) Member can also reserve an item.
    6) Members can also incur fines which is managed by Librarian.

Although I havent included any attributes or done the relationship types but that s just the start and would really appreciate your expert advice. Thanks in anticipation and hope to hear from you guys soon.

PS: Please go easy on me and i have attached the pdf file
    Attached Files Attached Files

Provided Answers: 1
    So what exactly are you asking/hoping for us to do?
    90% of users' problems can be resolved by punching them - the other 10% by switching off their PCs.

Hi ya,
    I just want to know if i am on the right lines..... and that i am not creating any loops or missing out on anything ..... sorry if i dont make any sense.... But i am quite a newbie at database designing
    Last edited by mshah740; 10-11-12 at 08:32.

Provided Answers: 1
    You should look at "3rd Normal Form". Consider: Do you need separate tables for employees, librarians & students if the information held for each is the same or similar? Do you need separate tables for different item types?
    Sort out what data you will be holding (or what data you need to hold), then the design will be easier.
    90% of users' problems can be resolved by punching them - the other 10% by switching off their PCs.

Thanks a lot CIS for your quick response and your input... WHat I will do that I will work on all the context and DFD diagrams and then normalize the data and once i make tables with attributes then will upload it. I hope you would have look into it for me.. Thank you again for ur time