Unanswered: from MsSql to Mysql

Hello.
    Pls. look the attach files.
    I have copied a dir. with MsSql database from another pc
    Now I have to import it in Mysql in my localhost.
    What you can see in the attach.1 is the folder I have in my hard disk about Ms Sql Server. I have never managed Ms Sql Server and then I don't know how to proceed.
    The attach. convert.gif shows the interface of a converter I'm going to use. What should I write there? Also, do you know a converting system like that, possibly free?

Tks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails alleg_1.jpg   alleg_2.gif   convert.gif  

I am not sure I following what you are trying to do here? The application by the looks of it needs to connect to a MS SQL Server as well as MySQL. So copying a folder is not going to achieve anything (in my opinion).

In the application you need to put in login information to your MS SQL server as well as login to your MySQL server. Most likely when this has been done you can then select databases/schemas to copy from SQL Server to MySQL.
    Ronan Cashell
    Certified Oracle DBA/Certified MySQL Expert (DBA & Cluster DBA)
    http://www.it-iss.com
    Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by it-iss.com View Post
    I am not sure I following what you are trying to do here? The application by the looks of it needs to connect to a MS SQL Server as well as MySQL. So copying a folder is not going to achieve anything (in my opinion).

In the application you need to put in login information to your MS SQL server as well as login to your MySQL server. Most likely when this has been done you can then select databases/schemas to copy from SQL Server to MySQL.
    I think you are right, but how do I install Ms Sql Server?