We have a new opportunity where your skills and experience appear to be a good match. If you wish to pursue this, please email me an updated copy of your resume with rate / salary expectations and a good time to call.
We are assisting a virginia state agency find a resource (Oracle DBA) TO MONITOR, MAINTAIN AND TUNE mission critical state-wide DATABASES.
General Skills Details:
• Leverages breadth and depth of database administration expertise.
• Serves as a point of contact for database availability and performance.
• Focuses on both hardware and software aspects of databases to optimize performance, capacity, and service delivery.
• Works within the framework of established operating procedures and in close cooperation with internal and external support personnel to provide troubleshooting and maintenance of databases to assure operational availability.
• Works independently with little guidance
• Should be available 24/7 and also willing to work on-call and carry blackberry/pager all the time
• Good communication skills to coordinate issues with the application/help desk staff and NG
Required Experience and Skill Set:
* 5+ Years of IT Experience as an Oracle DBA in a UNIX or Linux environment
* Develop, review and enforce database standards.
* Strong experience in Backup and Recovery of large databases.
* Expertise in Oracle database performance tuning and troubleshooting.
* Ability to document database performance issues and also help team mates understand the resolution process.
* Able to work independently.
* Expertise in Production Oracle 10g/11g environments including RAC, PL/SQL, OEM, RMAN, Data Guard and shell scripting.
* Expertise in Oracle Application server 10g/Weblogic 10.3 environment
* Working knowledge in Oracle Advanced security tools
Preferred Experience and Skill Set:
- Highly Desired – Excellent Communication Skills
- Highly Desired – WebLogic
- Ability to work on multiple projects/issues simultaneously
ALL POSITIONS WITH VECTOR CONSULTING REQUIRE A COMPLETE BACKGROUND CHECK.