Unanswered: Copy Protection Software

Searching for a copy protection software that is hassle free. Currently I'm using Copyminder which is good but Norton deletes essential files on my customers computer.

Provided Answers: 17
    If your using the SDK Edition or the Pro Edition, do you really need copy protection software?

Why not just protect your file with the “Application Project Properties” and tick the “Protect” Option.

There's also the two external solutions mentioned in the manual.
    ASPACK SOFTWARE - Best Choice Compression and Protection Tools for Software Developers
    SafeNet - The Data Protection Company

Haven't tried either of those myself though. I just go with the default internal protect in SDK.

Hope that helps.

Regards
    James

Quote Originally Posted by Tubbritt View Post
    If your using the SDK Edition or the Pro Edition, do you really need copy protection software?

Why not just protect your file with the “Application Project Properties” and tick the “Protect” Option.

There's also the two external solutions mentioned in the manual.
    ASPACK SOFTWARE - Best Choice Compression and Protection Tools for Software Developers
    SafeNet - The Data Protection Company

Haven't tried either of those myself though. I just go with the default internal protect in SDK.

Hope that helps.

Regards
    James
    Tried aspack some time ago. Was not compatible with the integrated copy protection from BDB.

It is difficult to proctect BDB since the created application is directly wrapped to an installer. Copy protection can only be included in the installer but not later in the application.
    I have written my own serial number system an include a non changable text in the printings like "This version is licenced to: xxxxxxx"

I don't think that a commercial user would have a text like "This version is licenced to: unlicenced" on their documents for customers (invoiced, packing slips, etc.)

Demo version on Internet is limited to some records, full version will be send by email, ftp or CD incl. licence document.

Provided Answers: 59
    inadequate copy protection is one of the problems with Brilliant., There are lots of places offering downloads of the Brilliant DB which have compromised the software protection method
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Quote Originally Posted by healdem View Post
    inadequate copy protection is one of the problems with Brilliant., There are lots of places offering downloads of the Brilliant DB which have compromised the software protection method
    I know. But the compiler inside BDB creates an installer. So you can only protect the installer. Anything else must be done in the Application - more or less usefull...

Another reason why I am looking for an alternative.

If no adequate alternative would be available it could be better to use Visual Studio for a full compiling an and external Database Server for storing...