Unhappy Need urgent help with Normalization PLEASE

Hi, I am new to this forum, I'm studying at University and have been progressing very well up until now, I have come across issues when it comes to databases, partly due to some problems I have been dealing with lately, when it comes to scripting languages etc. I am fine but right now I need your help;

I have been asked (Part of assignment) to normalize a data array, the issue is I had an attempt but then ended up scrapping it because I didn't pull enough data across the 2NF and 3NF, I cant seem to pin point everything I am supposed to be pulling from the appendix (data array).

Can you please give me some of your solutions as a guideline as after I have normalized the data I will need to produce an ERD for the entities I've pulled from the Normalization form.

I have attached images of the assignment, could you please help me, thank you very much in advance.

PS: The lecturer did not say anything about adding a unique identifier to the table , so Im not sure how I would go about placing the PK's and FK's to the table.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20121015_140510.jpg   20121015_140551.jpg   20121015_140712.jpg  

You need to do your own homework. If you show us what you have come up with so far, and then ask very specific questions (not "Can you please give me some of your solutions"), then someone on here might give you assistance.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

My attempt

Hi mate I completely understand sorry if it looks like I'm trying to just get answers I really did try my best mate here's a picture...

Sorry again... thanks for the reply...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG-20121015-WA0000.jpg  

Better, but still missing the
    Quote Originally Posted by blindman View Post
    ....and then ask very specific questions
    part.
    You have to understand that we volunteer our time, and don't like spending a lot of effort trying to guess what your particular issue might be. Or trying to figure out the diagramatic formatting of an attached jpg.

blindman

Quote Originally Posted by blindman View Post
    Better, but still missing the part.
    You have to understand that we volunteer our time, and don't like spending a lot of effort trying to guess what your particular issue might be. Or trying to figure out the diagramatic formatting of an attached jpg.
    Hi, thanks for the reply I completely understand, just wanted to ask in 2nf would it be redundant to put site and employee as PK/FK or would it be more efficient to just keep two tables in 2NF, site and employee? Thanks.

"Redundant"? There can be redundancy in 2nd normal form. That's what 3rd normal form is supposed to solve.

"Efficient"? Not sure what that has to with this database modeling assignment.

OK, what is the table structure you have come up with for satisfying 2nd normal form?
    And please, no more posted jpg images....just give us the table names and the fields they include.

blindman

2NF
    SITE
    day
    date

EMPLOYEE
    SITE
    shift
    hours

EMPLOYEE
    sick
    total

Thank you ...

This is starting to get tiresome.

How am I supposed to tell the relationships between those tables. What are their names? What are the foreign keys? What are the primary keys? Why are some of the items capitalized?

If you cannot formulate your question clearly, concisely, and in manner that does require me or anybody else to have to guess at what you want, then I'll not be responding again.

blindman

Managed to finish it... thanks anyway.