Question Unanswered: To view the structure of a database in DB2

SELECT * FROM SYSIBM.SYSTABLES WHERE DBNAME ='dbname'

This gives me the list of tables in that database

SELECT * FROM SYSIBM.SYSCOLUMNS WHERE TBNAME= 'tbname'

This gives me details about the particular table

I need to view all the tables and its structure like column name and length in a specific database..... I need a query to view the databse structure that contains all the tables along with the structure. Or is there any other way to view the schema structure of a databse....

Thanks in advance.... Plz share your valuable inputs to solve this issue

Provided Answers: 11
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Thanks for ur reply... But I am working on DB2 on zOS and the scenario is to just view the structure of a database with out extracting the DDL statements.. and I cannot use any tools here...

Provided Answers: 11
    that is the answer you get, if platform/version is not indicated from the start.
    create a script(rexx) that gets all tablenames from systables and selects all data from syscolumns needed by table....
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be