Question Unanswered: BULK Insert into location problem ?

Hello,

I am transfering data between ASE 15.0 -> IQ 12.7 servers using
    insert into IqTable location 'AseServer' 'select * from AseTable where id <= a_given_id '

After each insert I verify with the nr of instruments in IqTable, and rarely (1 in 50) it inserts only 98-99% from the nr of rows the select statement actually returned, any ideas why ?
    After each insert I check @@error and every time it runs without error.

As a note : I have set option <user>.LOAD_MEMORY_MB=300 (because with default 0, it failed > All available virtual memory has been used; allocation cancelled).
    Tablewidth(IqTable) = 8989

Thanks,
    Sorin

Provided Answers: 4
    Does the select return only unique rows? And does IqTable have an unique index?

Also, try to name all columns in the select instead of select *. You want to control which column from ASETable goes where in IqTable.
    I'm not crazy, I'm an aeroplane!

Does the select return only unique rows?
    YES
    And does IqTable have an unique index?
    YES, it has a primary key on an int identity (clustered index)
    Also, try to name all columns in the select instead of select *
    The actual code had the columns in select explicitly written down, I wrote * just because I thought this did not count and to make the post shorter and easier to read.

As an addon :
    This happened when I was inserting a only a subset of columns from the original table (ASE) into the destination table (IQ). If I made both tables identical and used select * the bulk copy performed ok each time. Anyways I've added a verification step after each bulk copy (check if the last id has actually reached the destination).